Essential Drypoint Kit + Course
Connect with the 500-year-old tradition of printing from copper, and create your own original print!
This drypoint course provides you with all the instructional resources, materials and tools you need to create your own print. Our Welcome leaflet helps you identify and safely use all the included tools and materials, while our booklet Drypoint: Processes and Platemaking, gives you a complete set of instructions on how to create your unique art directly on the plate.
This course includes a live educational video session to guide you through the process, as well as a one-on-one virtual consultation where you get personalized feedback and advice from our professional printer.
When your plate is complete, use the included postage-paid envelope to return the plate to Tuckamore Press. It will be professionally printed on quality acid-free paper using the finest oil-based inks. We will pack your print in an acid-free folder and return it along with the plate at no extra cost!
The Essential Drypoint Kit + Course includes:
• One video educational session (max. of 4 participants per session for maximum personalization)
• One one-on-one virtual consultation
• Full-colour, illustrated instruction booklet and welcome leaflet
• Complete set of essential drypoint tools: 1 double-ended twisted scribe, 1 burnisher, 1 scraper
• One 4” x 6” 16 gauge copper plate, pre-bevelled and polished
• Five 3” x 2.75” sheets of 3M WetorDry sandpaper: 220, 400, 800, 1000, 2000 grits
• A block of transfer medium
• Prepaid return shipping envelope
• One print of your work on an 8” x 10” bright white Hahnemuhle copperplate paper (neutral pH, chlorine-free, 300gsm) using Gamblin Portland Black ink. Printed by Canadian printmaker Chris Dunnett and returned in an acid-free foam core folder
Already know your way around a plate? Great! Our Copper + Print Bundle gives you a beveled polished copper plate shining with possibility, plus a professionally printed proof.